Sunday, November 17, 2013

Altered Soup Can Shabby Chic

Hi Everyone,

I was watching some videos on youtube on shabby chic ornaments and altered ornaments and came upon some that altered soup cans. I don't remember the specific site but I decided to give it a try. I painted the soup can with Gesso inside and out. (2 coats) then added FolkArt Vintage White paint. Once it was dry I added one coat of Lumiere Pearlescent White to give it more shine. I used specialty paper from Joann's (the loose sheets) to cover the ridges of the can. I also used it to line the inside. I wrapped vintage lace and made a lace circle in the center. After that I went flower crazy and put lots of flowers with a michaels pendant as my focal point. The bling used was from recollections and the beads are from micheals acrylic christmas stems.. Thanks for reading~







No comments:

Post a Comment