Saturday, November 23, 2013

Altered box for TTCRD "Anything goes Challenge"

Hi everyone,

I am entering this altered box from Michaels to TTCRD challenge. (http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/) The challenge is anything goes.

I painted the outside of the box with folkart vintage white. the inside is painted with pink and white craftsmart acrylic paint. I added vintage ruffled lace  (light pink/peach and cream) to the top edge of the lid and to the bottom of the box. I also placed a stretchy white lace on top of the bottom ruffled lace to give it a contrast. The flowers used are Wild Orchid Crafts Gardenias, Roses, buds and some home made roses. Bling is from recollections and it was cut at each swirl to make it into three instead of one long one. The letter C is a wooden letter from michaels that I also painted and attached to box. Butterflies used are from Michaels brand (floral section not recollections)  Acrylic stem is from Michaels ashland christmas pick.

I enjoyed making this box as I did it for my daughter. Hope she likes it.. when she's older.. lol.. she's only 2 now.

Oh yeah the big pearl bling in the front is a brooch that I bought in a lot of 6 for $8 from ebay. =)

Sorry lighting is not the best today.  Craft light went out last night..lol..burning the midnight oil..or in this case lightbulb..
thanks for reading!












4 comments:

  1. Such an elegant box for your little lady! I'm sure she will treasure it.
    All of the embellishments are fantastic and that brooch is by far my favorite...what a great Ebay find!!
    Thanks so much for sharing this week at TTCRD. We hope to see you back very soon!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Through the Craft Room Door DT
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. =) The brooch is my favorite too.. I said to myself this thing is going somewhere on this box..lol.. "

      Delete
  2. beautiful box Norma - keep up the great crafting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie! You should post your xmas pictures of the office.. beautiful work!

      Delete