Monday, March 17, 2014

What "Art" means to me altered plywood in spring colors -purples, blues and white!

Hi Everyone,

I was inspired to make this by watching WildOrchidCraft youtuber VelocityVette08! LOVED her project!

This is my version of what art means to me...using plywood =)

First I took a more spring color approach.
I added gesso to the plywood. Then painted it with Folk Art paint :513 Cayman Blue;933 Heather,515 Vintage White. I brushed them on (one layer) then second layer I mixed the paints with accent sand (which is what i had on hand) The canvas became a brilliant bright mix of purple and blue so i added another layer of gesso to a semi-dri background before wiping it with paper towels. My texture and paint became a great blended mix.

I stamped inkadinkado french script using pumice stone distress ink as well

All the flowers and roses are WILD ORCHID CRAFTS. I also used spiral stamens in white and blue.

The letters A R T are from Michaels wood section 1.49 gesso'd and painted in same colors with out blending with sand.

The phrase was created on Silhouette using Alice in Wonderland font edged with Tim HOltz milled Lavender distress ink. Corners are filigree corners from Michaels painted with gesso. and the trim is something i had in my stash. Thanks for Reading! hope you guys also check out my youtube channel!

I added magnolia tilda colored images.

Entering Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge:
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/2014/03/challenge-99spring-fling.html

and Creative Inspirations Challenge
http://cinspirations.blogspot.com/2014/03/challenge-256-favourite-colour.html
























3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true work of art! Love it! Thanks too for your lovely comment on my Blog. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a marvelously gorgeous creation!! And you have used the WOC products in such lovely ways!! Thank you so much for joining in with us at the Wild Orchid Challenge and we hope to see you again real soon!! Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete